Having beautiful hands with Acrylic Nails
Aristotle used to say that hands are the instrument of instruments. Hands are the most useful part of the body, instrument of the brain, with a perfect structure adapted for their different functions. Hands are whiteness of the lifestyle, if they are not treated well they will always show up, especially on the aspect and appearance of nails, broken or worn nails are a reference of a person that has no interest on personal care.
On the other hand, hands and nails with a nice and healthy aspect are a reference of a person healthy and with positive thoughts. There are different products intended for the care and beauty of hands and nails, for hands you can find moisturizing creams, exfoliating creams to remove death cells, each treatment adapted to the needs of the person. In the case of nails, if you are unable to make your natural nails grow due to your daily activities, there are many options available on the market to improve the appearance of your nails, one of these techniques is the Artificial Nails also known as Acrylic Nails.
Having acrylic nails has become a habit that has grown in recent decades among girls and women, especially among those that perform housework, have contact with chemical aggressive products, or because of many other daily tasks which do not allow them to keep long and beautiful natural nails. There are also women with very weak nails or with dried nails that cannot keep them with the appropriate aspect.
Acrylic nails have their origin on the extensions of nails that originally were used as prosthesis which used to be employed to substitute the nails that were lost definitely. It is necessary to get know the advantages and disadvantages of acrylic nails before deciding to use them.
- One advantage of using acrylic nails is that you can protect your natural nails from the damaging effects of the chemicals elements on the environment.
- Acrylic nails are tough to break and therefore appropriated for girls who have brittle natural nails or with nails that split easily.
- If we talk about art, acrylic nails are perfect canvases for the thousands of designs that can be obtained with manicure.
- They require little maintenance, so the acrylic nails are the perfect alternative for people who do not have much free time.
- The most important advantage that should be taken into account is that acrylic nails, like all artificial nails these are basically plastic so they will be able to resist much more than a natural nail.
- As the acrylic nails are attached onto the natural nail it is necessary to completely remove the glue before removing the artificial nail as this can damage natural nails.
- The glue used to attach acrylic nails to natural nails is usually highly toxic so it should be applied carefully to prevent damaging the natural nails and skin around the nails.
Now that you know the most important pros and cons of having acrylic nails, you can decide if you agree or not with the idea of using them.
How to use them
- To apply an acrylic nail you should file first the border of your nails, and then remove the residual dust with a brush.
- Disinfect your nails, a good way would be to wash your hands with an antibacterial soap, after that remove all the remains of enamel that is still on your nail.
- File the surface of your fingernail taking care of not damaging the cuticle and the surrounds of the nail.
- Very delicately push just a little bit the cuticles backward with the help of an orange stick.
- Apply cuticle oil to the cuticles and all around the nail.
- Apply antiseptic on the nail and surrounds.
- Pick up the right size and type of acrylic nail, apply some glue on the base of it (template) and paste it over your fingernail, you can help yourself with a paintbrush. The base should stay very close to the nail.
- Apply only on the base of the nail a little bit of resin; wait for it to get dried. Wait for few minutes and then remove the base of the nail (template).
- Apply the acrylic liquid and crystalline powder porcelain just in the base of the nail.
- Repeat the previous step once more.
- Repeat the pervious step but on the rest of the nail twice.
- Apply spray drying (wait for a few minutes before filing your nails)
- You file now your nail, the acrylic nail should be filed with a coarse file and give it the shape that you want.
- Apply enamel for acrylic nails.
If you use false acrylic nails that are already designed in a store, buy the glue separately since often the glue that comes with them is not very effective and the nails can fall.
Although the acrylic nails are more resistant than natural nails, you still have to be very careful with how you use your hands in order to prevent a rupture, here are some advises that you should consider:
- You have to give maintenance to your nails every fifteen days to prevent the proliferation of funguses and allergies.
- Do not use your nails as tools, although they are stronger than natural nails it doesn’t mean that they are made to replace the screwdriver.
- Remove the enamel with a nail polish remover recommended for acrylic nails so they do not get dried.